jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Query for objects with reduced set of attributes
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 00:11:01 GMT
I do some processing with result to send it to GUI.
My problem was that most of the cases I'm not interested in all
attributes (but in some others I am).
Currently I just remove the properties that I'm not interested in, from
each result node.
I was looking for the same thing inside JackRabbit, thinking that maybe
even the query time would improve.
But since it is not possible, no problem. I'll keep doing the same.

Thank-you!
Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:27 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query for objects with reduced set of attributes

Are you exporting the results directly as XML? Filtering down to
properties is not possible with queries in JCR, because they are more
tied to the JCR model than to XML views. In JCR queries, you will always
get nodes as result (albeit you can access the properties directly with
QueryResult.getRows(). For XML export, you will have to do any
additional output filtering yourself.

Regards,
Alex