jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Betty Chang" <bch...@edgenuity.com>
Subject Re: what does NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType() do?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:13:26 GMT
Hi -- I'm doing the nodetype registration on the server side as a servlet.
Originally,
I did it in a separate webapp in the same tomcat server
as the jackrabbit server, then I changed it to a servlet within the
jackrabbit webapp.
I configured the servlet to load on startup after all other startup
servlets.  It reads in the .CND file, checks if a nodetype
already exists, and if so, it re-registers it.  If not, it just registers
it.

My client programs are able to add to the repository using these custom node
types and they show up under
jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes in the tree.

I can add a new node type to the CND file, restart the tomcat, and the new
node type shows up in the dump on
the client side.
However, if I add a new property to an existing node type, the new property
does not show up.

I'm not sure why it would be a caching issue, because my client program is
just a little test program that can dump out all
the nodes and I run it fresh everytime.

Betty