jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing access policies across workspaces
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:44:00 GMT
Hi Angela,

Angela Schreiber schrieb:
>> BTW, is the scope of an access control entry the item it is assigned
>> to, or the whole subtree?
>
> this is not specified. the spec states, that a policy or an ace
> may affect other nodes that the one the policy/ace is assigned to.

thanks - this is good to know.

>> [...] Unfortunately, addAccessControlEntry() throws a
>> PathNotFoundException if the node doesn't exist …
>
> correct. that's the expected behaviour.
>
>> Tobias Bocanegra told me on dev@sling that (IIUC) the access control
>> entries are not copied to the staging workspace if the staging node is
>> updated, which makes perfect sense. I hope it will conform to the
>> upcoming JSR-283 - I didn't find anything in the spec about this.
>
> because this is not specified. the specification does not require
> the access control information to be stored in the jcr content.
 >
> please be also aware that the ac section in jsr 283 was refactored
> and the code present with jackrabbit-core will be completely
> reworked.

OK, it appears to be worth waiting a while. The proposed final draft is
scheduled for July 2008. Is it possible to anticipate if there will be
changes to the scope of the spec after the final draft?

Currently we're in the process of considering which features can be
delegated to the JCR repository, and in which way - regarding access
control, we're still a bit uncertain.

Thanks for your reply!

-- Andreas

--