jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Gervaso" <luis.gerv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cut /copy / paste
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:15:00 GMT
Thanks Jukka,

Why is not implemented orderAfter() instead of orderBefore()?

Since we iterate a collection we can "remember" the previous item in the
iteration
and can "insert" before or after the actual item in the loop. But probably
I'm really missed with
this thinking.

I really don't know if generate a menu from the content is the correct way
using JCR
or it must be only on the frontend code. maybe hardcoded, configuration file

If i generate a menu from JCR we need a hard requirement to perform ordering
operations
on the nodes.

I have not found enough documentation, tutorials to create a simple
application with menus,
static content and dynamic content using JCR instead of the traditional
approach using database

Can anyone redirect me to a good quickstart / real application on JCR?

Thanks in advance

Luis

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Luis Gervaso <luis.gervaso@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My question is =BFis jackrabbit maintaining any kind of order in
> childNodes
> > out of the box?
>
> Yes. See the Node.orderBefore() method [1] for details on how to use
> this feature.
>
> [1]
> http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#orderBefore(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)<http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#orderBefore%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String%29>
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Luis Alberto Gervaso Martin
Java EE Architect & Instructor