jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre Leman" <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content structure and resulting SPI implementation
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:35:11 GMT
Hi angela

Sorry for not being enough clear on my last question.
This question concerns the call conditions of the get*Info methods and what
they're expected to return.

I think I found the solution :
Each *Info method of the RepositoryService interface corresponds to a JCR
equivalent method (without the Info suffix).
Each time a user call one of these functions through the JCR API (exposed by
jcr2spi), the jcr2spi calls the corresponding get*Info method to build the
requested item (node, property, ...).
Consequently, it have to provide all the informations needed to build a
complete item "from scratch" and to insert it into the JCR tree.
It's what I call the "hierarchy informations" (id of the parent, ...) and
the "data informations" (value of property, name of node, ...).
I get the "hierarchy informations" directly from my SPI implementation and
the "data informations" from my database through the JDBC API.
Do you think I'm right now ?

I read the JIRA issues you furnished, finding it very interesting. The
Apache Development List is also very helpful.

Thanks !
Best regards,
Pierre