jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre Leman" <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject Content structure and resulting SPI implementation
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:18:04 GMT
Hi,

According to the content driven design approach, I designed the content
before doing the application's implementation.
My question concerned the better way to reflect the content structure in an
SPI implementation.
I saw that the RepositoryInterface declared some interesting method like
getNodeInfo, getPropertyInfo and getChildInfo.
Considering that the choice between getNodeInfo, getPropertyInfo and
getChildInfo was function of the type of the item on which the path pointed
(but maybe I'm wrong ?), I was thinking of trying to parse the ItemId path
in order to decide what have to be done for each item type (node, property
...) in function of its path (giving it a semantic from my data model's
point of view).
So in this hypothesis we get the following choice hierarchy :
First : function of the type of the ItemId.
Second : function of the path of the ItemId.

>From the point of view of what the *Info method have to handle, I was
thinking first of the hierarchy (giving each item a parent Id for example)
and then to the data (reading it directly from my data model, a database
thanks to the intermediary of a JDBC API). Did I forget something ?

Thank you all for your answers !
Pierre