jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: svn ignore jackrabbit-jca/applications
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:02:04 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just updated my local Jackrabbit trunk version (Revison 672752) and
> did
>
> mvn clean
> mvn install
>
> and then
>
> svn st
>
> and noticed
>
> ?      jackrabbit-jca/applications
>
> I guess it would make sense to set an svn:ignore  on this directory or is
> this obsolete?

>From looking at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jca/ there
is no applications folder (any more - I am not very familiar with this
submodule). And applications is/was a typical folder in jackrabbit
projects that contains the repository.xml and other data for unit
tests. I think they are being removed from time to time and put into
proper src/test/resources folders.

If a directory is removed in the svn repository, you typically get
these "left-overs" after updating, when they contain files locally
modified or additionally created files or folders such as target/.
That's why you have to remove it manually.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek