jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Lookup to datasource to get DB url
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:10:10 GMT
Hi Antonio!

You can specify a JNDI data source in the url parameter, but that is
only available for DB persistence managers. See

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/bundle/BundleDbPersistenceManager.html#setUrl(java.lang.String)

The usage of a DbFileSystem is not required if you use a DB
persistence manager. It only stores the workspace.xml config file and
the lucene indexes, which need random access anyway, which you
typically don't have with data stored in a database. The "real" data
is stored via the persistence manager. Hence the recommended
configuration is the combination of a
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem (storing files in
a normal file system) and a bundle db persistence manager.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek