jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Multiple connections to database repository
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:55:27 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Jared Graber <jared.graber@iaccap.com> wrote:
> Are you saying that the read only applications will generate their own jackrabbit cache
so that the next export will export old data?
>        If so, how would I clear that cache?  Would logging out of the repository not
do it?

There are multiple caches inside the memory, depending on
configuration (mainly PersistenceManagers) but most importantly each
workspace has its own lucene index on the file system that is used for
queries and other improvements in accessing the data. These have to be
updated through a so-called Journal in a cluster configuration. There
is no way to simply clear the cache from outside.

> If not:
> I think if the database is always up to date, then I should be fine.

Once you call session.save() or commit a transaction in your JCR
client code, it will be persisted immediately, which means it gets
stored in the database right away - this is true for all db
persistence managers.

Regards,
Alex

--