jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Uploading files via WebDav questions
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:16:53 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:49 AM, jascpaint
<Vivian.Nguyen@dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:

> I am new with Jackrabbit and would appreciate your help.
> Currently I use WebDav for upload files into repository. I am wondering how
> nt:primaryType

You probably mean jcr:primaryType. It is the auto-created property
which indicates the primary node type of the current node. Have a look
at the JCR specification (JSR-170), section 6.7 "Node Types".

> property is assigned to the newly created node and whether it
> is possible to assign this property to a subtype of nt:file. It seems like
> all files are assigned to this primaryType automatically, or I am missing
> some config settings somewhere?

Folders and files are mapped to nt:folder and nt:file node types,
which are part of the JCR specification (you can also define your own
node types). They can be found in the spec starting at section
6.7.22.5 "nt:hierarchyNode". Any JCR application working with files
should map the content onto these node types, so that's why WebDAV is
doing this.

You can write custom IOHandlers [1] if you want to import different
content structures via WebDAV. They are configured in the file
config.xml [2] (that can be found in the jackrabbit webapp under
WEB-INF).

Regards,
Alex

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-server/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/server/io/IOHandler.java