jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: cut /copy / paste
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:20:29 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Luis Gervaso <luis.gervaso@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is not implemented orderAfter() instead of orderBefore()?

Decision by the JCR standards committee... not everything is perfect
in the API, but it's not that difficult to write your own insertAt()
method by combining addNode() and orderBefore(). Note that you need to
use a node type that allows for child ordering.

> Since we iterate a collection we can "remember" the previous item in the
> iteration
> and can "insert" before or after the actual item in the loop. But probably
> I'm really missed with
> this thinking.

The orderBefore() is simply based on (string) paths, which should make
it easier if your content model is straightforward (eg.
orderBefore("print", "quit") to move the print action before the
quit).

> I really don't know if generate a menu from the content is the correct way
> using JCR

There is no "correct" way. Your are free to use the API according to
your needs! Still, there are best practices and recommondations for
many common things. Have a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel for tips on content
modeling.

> or it must be only on the frontend code. maybe hardcoded, configuration file
>
> If i generate a menu from JCR we need a hard requirement to perform ordering
> operations
> on the nodes.
>
> I have not found enough documentation, tutorials to create a simple
> application with menus,
> static content and dynamic content using JCR instead of the traditional
> approach using database
>
> Can anyone redirect me to a good quickstart / real application on JCR?

There are many tutorials and examples on Google, for example:

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Introducing_the_Alfresco_Java_Content_Repository_API

And there is a collection of jcr links on the Jackrabbit wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks

Regards,
Alex

--