jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Datatype-Checking
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 06:06:32 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Harold Koenig <jos4711@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  My application adds some content through the
> jackrabbit-api.

You mean the the "JCR" api. Jackrabbit provides it's own small api
(for extensions), but the core is JCR compliant.

> Now i accidentaly add some String-Content to an
> Integer-Property? Will jackrabbit tell me about it?
> Everything i define in a CND-File will be checked by jackrabbit, if i add
> new content?

Yes, you will get an exception if you add a string to a property that
was defined as integer in your CND. Have a look at section 6.7 "Node
Types" of the JSR-170 / JCR 1.0 specification.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek