jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Versioning configuration
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:27:32 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Karianne Berg <keibi@start.no> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering why versioning configuration in repository.xml is mandatory. I'm not using
versioning, but still I have to configure a PersistenceManager for it, and I get four empty
database tables in my database. I cannot find any rationale in the spec for this. Why isn't
versioning configuration optional?

Because versioning is a good thing to do ;-) No, actually there is
some code involved that requires the versioning components available
and AFAIK there was never the need to build in a set of "if no
versioning config is present, throw UnsupportedOperationException"
parts in the code.

To avoid the empty tables in your database, you can use the derby
bundle PM with an embedded db configuration, for example. It will only
create a few files that can be ignored during backup etc. and does not
affect your actual database.

Regards,
Alex

--