jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Wes" <jackrab...@wesware.securebeer.com>
Subject Jackrabbit temporal content
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:13:09 GMT
We are working on a project that has the requirement that content has a
temporal quality in that it will become effective at a particular
date/time and become expired at a future date/time.  All of the
information also needs to be versioned and auditable.  Has anyone
leveraged Jackrabbit to support this type of temporal processing?  My
initial thought is this could be performed within the repository as a
mixin on a node that would need temporal qualities.

As an example we have a node that has 3 differing temporal versions that
should be active for during a particular time period.
Version A :  1/1/2000 - 1/1/2001
Version B :  1/1/2001 - 1/1/2002
Version C :  1/1/2002 - present(12/12/9999)

There may also be an update to say Version B above in that we would have a
new version for that time period.
Version B1:  1/1/2001 - 1/1/2002

Any thoughts, pointers, suggestions?

Thanks