jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Kotha" <An...@2xprime.com>
Subject RE: Jackrabbit Server version change (javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException)
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:23:18 GMT
Hi Stefan,
	I updated the PM and it is working now.

Thank you very much.....

Cheers,
Anilk.

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
On Behalf Of Stefan Guggisberg
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:29 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jackrabbit Server version change
(javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException)

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Anil K. Kotha <Anilk@2xprime.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>        I have attached the configuration files.
>        Repository.xml is the config file of 1.2.3 version.
>        Repositoryfor1.4.xml is config file of 1.4 version.

ok, so the configuration *did* change (you switched from the 'simple' db
pm
to the 'bundle' db pm).

that's not gonna work since the pm's don't automagically migrate data.

you have 2 options:

- change your new configuration (repository.xml & workspace.xml files)
  to use the 'old' pm (compare the <PersistenceManager/> entries and
  you'll get the idea). i haven't tried it but i guess it should work.
- if you want to use the new bundle pm you have to migrate the data.
  AFAIK there's currently no tool available that does this but it should
  be relatively straight forward to write some custom code.

cheers
stefan