jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject RE: Multiple connections to database repository
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:07:53 GMT
In that case my question comes down to this:

If I have an application that only interacts with the repository to
export data
	session.exportDocumentView(path, out, false, false);
do I need to worry about caching?  To be more specific, if I export the
document view, will jackrabbit cache that data so that next time I
export the document view I will get outdated data?

If the 2nd call to export document retrieves the cached data, how do I
get around this?

-Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:55 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple connections to database repository

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Jared Graber <jared.graber@iaccap.com>
wrote:
> Are you saying that the read only applications will generate their own
jackrabbit cache so that the next export will export old data?
>        If so, how would I clear that cache?  Would logging out of the
repository not do it?

There are multiple caches inside the memory, depending on
configuration (mainly PersistenceManagers) but most importantly each
workspace has its own lucene index on the file system that is used for
queries and other improvements in accessing the data. These have to be
updated through a so-called Journal in a cluster configuration. There
is no way to simply clear the cache from outside.

> If not:
> I think if the database is always up to date, then I should be fine.

Once you call session.save() or commit a transaction in your JCR
client code, it will be persisted immediately, which means it gets
stored in the database right away - this is true for all db
persistence managers.

Regards,
Alex

--