jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject RE: Multiple connections to database repository
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:27:22 GMT
Are you saying that the read only applications will generate their own jackrabbit cache so
that the next export will export old data?
	If so, how would I clear that cache?  Would logging out of the repository not do it?

If not:
I think if the database is always up to date, then I should be fine.
The purpose of the 5 read only applications is to retrieve a snapshot in time of the repository
and cache it.   Once the data is exported, it doesn't need to stay in synch with repository.
 It is expected to deviate.  At some point in the future, the applications would be notified
that they should update the cache by connecting to the database repository and exporting the
data from it.

-Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Thompson [mailto:elephantium@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:28 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple connections to database repository

The database is always kept up to date, but Jackrabbit maintains a cache.
In your example, the 5 "on-demand" applications would read outdated data
from the cache, AFAIK.

The standard for handling that type of situation is to set up the 5
on-demand apps to connect to the read-write app - that way, only the one app
runs the repository.

-Brian