jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject Multiple connections to database repository
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:08:37 GMT
Based on an old thread (May 2006), I found that you cannot have 2
different applications accessing the same database repository and expect
them to see each changes made by each other.

What if only 1 application was writing to the repository?

Example:

1 application that is reading and writing to the repository.

5 applications that on demand will make their own connection to the
repository in order to export the data, and then logout.

Is the database always kept up to date (which I think would make this
possible) or does jackrabbit keep data in memory for a while before
storing it in the database?

Thanks,

Jared