jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pulla Venkat" <pcsri1...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleting a node also delete version history of the node
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 03:02:51 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to understand the node deletion in jackrabbit. we have scenarios
for deleting nodes which should delete version history associated with the
node.

Node.remove()   -- Method  in javax.jcr.Item Interface [ inherited by
javax.jcr.Node interface ]

Does the above method remove the version history in case of a node [ with
mixin type mix:versionable ] ??.

I saw that tree under
/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/..../uuid/jcr:rootVersion   still exists for
the node. This is waste of disk space for us.

what should I do to delete version history also ?

Thanks,
Pulla venkat