jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:03:46 GMT
hi antonio

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:32 AM, MARTINEZ Antonio
<Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for doing that testing.
>
> I have done now two different tests with a scaled down tree (140 Nodes
> with about 15 string of 15 bytes each)
> My server is a SunBlade 1500 with 2G.
>
> - If I build the tree and then save it, it takes about 40 seconds to
> save and exit the transaction.
>
> - However, if I just create one node and then add all other nodes as
> children of this one (flat storage), then it takes 3 seconds to save and
> exit the transaction.
>
> In the tree configuration, most of the nodes are at the deepest level
> (there are 10 levels in my case)

i modified my test accordingly. the 1st run adds ~10k child nodes to
a single parent ('flat'), the 2nd run creates a 8-level deep tree with
3 sibling child nodes at every but the leaf node (again ~10k nodes, 'deep').
the changes are comitted in a UserTransaction.  i get nearly
identical results for both runs (commit takes ~7 seconds).

i used derby bundle db pm.

are you perhaps using a custom access mananger?

if you can provide a simple and complete test case i'll further investigate
your problem...

cheers
stefan