jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:50:11 GMT
hi antonio

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:36 PM, MARTINEZ Antonio
<Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using JackRabbit 1.4.4 with MySql bundle. The string are very small,
> I would say 10 bytes average and some strings are 30 bytes. So I'm not
> sure DataStore would be of any benefit.
>
> Is there something else that can be done to improve the saving time ?
> Did anybody else have a similar issue?

i ran a quick test on my local machine (2 ghz macbook pro) with mysql 5.0
running on the same machine and using bundle mysql pm;

adding 6k child nodes with 15 string properties of 100 chars each
takes ~2 seconds, saving them takes ~44 seconds. i ran jackrabbit
strand-alone, i.e. w/o tx.

maybe you're experiencing a high network latency?

cheers
stefan