jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.4.4 - Problems with concurrent access
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:32:16 GMT
hi frederic

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Frederic BOY <frederic.v4x@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a unique JCR repository for up to 3 workstations on a
> LAN. It is installed on one of the 3 computers and is made accessible using
> windows sharing options.

that's not supported. you can't have multiple repository instances using a
shared file system. the repository lock file is used to prevent this
kind of setup,
that's why you're getting those errors.

what you're looking for is a model 3 deployment (a stand-alone repository
server accessed by multiple clients). see here for more information:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html

cheers
stefan