jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Queries related to jackrabbit
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:12:59 GMT
hi anil

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Anil K. Kotha <Anilk@2xprime.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have few questions related to Jackrabbit.
>
> 1.      How many "workspaces" can we create in a repository? Can the
> workspace be created dynamically? Currently, we are using "Default"
> workspace, right?

yes, there's a default workspace which is used when you
don't specify a a workspace on login, see e.g.
http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Repository.html#login(javax.jcr.Credentials,%20java.lang.String)

you can have as many worksapces as you want. workspace creation
is not covered by JCR 1.0 but will be in JCR 2.0. for the tome being
you can use the jackrabbit api, see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/api/JackrabbitWorkspace.html

> 2.      If multiple workspaces are created, how does it affect the
> performance of the system?

there shouldn't be any notable performance impact.

> 3.      Does individual workspace gets indexed separately?

yes

> If it is,
> then if one workspace gets corrupted, then we can restore just that
> workspace instead of the whole repository.

haven't tried it, but yes, that could work.

> 4.      Does JBoss allow multiple Jackrabbit repositories?

sure, that only depends on your deployment/configuration.

cheers
stefan