jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wade Girard <wade.gir...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Configuring workspace in Standard WEBDAV
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:27:22 GMT
Okay, this is interesting.

I changed the resource-path-prefix back to '/repository' and changed
the servlet mapping described below from '/repository/*' to just '/*'

Now, when I try to access the same url from cadaver, it asks for my
username and password, then fails

dav:!> open http://hostname:port/Jackrabbit/MyRepository
Authentication required for Jackrabbit Webdav Server on server
`hostname':
Username: username
Password:
Could not access /Jackrabbit/MyRepository/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
Did not find a collection resource.
Connection to `hostname' closed.

If I open a web browser to http://hostname:port/Jackrabbit I now get
an HTTP ERROR:500, and if I set the browser to http://hostname:port/
Jackrabbit/MyRepository it does not ask for username/password and
shows me everything in the repository.

This seems like progress :-)

On Jun 10, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Not sure, but I think the servlet mapping and the resource-path-prefix
> config of the SimpleWebdavServlet have to be in sync. So you will also
> have to change this (it's in the "Servlet Mapping" section of the
> web.xml):
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>        <servlet-name>Webdav</servlet-name>
>        <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> Actually this is what the servlet container uses to map URLs to
> servlets. I guess the resource-path-prefix is only for the webdav
> implementation to know it's own path for sending it back as part of
> certain responses. Just a guess - haven't looked at the code.
>
> And above all that, you have the servlet/webapp context path, which
> gives a root path for each webapp (eg. /jackrabbit/<servlet>/....).
> One webapp can typically be configured to run at the root of the
> server, eg. "localhost:8080/*".
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>

> --