jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@mercuryinsurance.com>
Subject RE: Exceptions with Repository running against DB2
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:21:38 GMT
Alex,

I read ( somewhere on JackRabbit site) that BundleDbPersistenceManager
offers good performance when used with a DataStore, but you need
JackRabbit 1.4 to do that. But my JBOSS BRMS app uses JackRabbit 1.3,
that's why I decided to just use the SimpleDbPersistanceManager.

Can BundleDbPersistenceManager be used with Jackrabbit 1.3 ?

Thanks,
Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:25 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exceptions with Repository running against DB2

I would recommend to use a bundle db persistence manager:

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager

It should be better regarding DB connections and has better performance
than the simple db pm.

Regards,
Alex

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Vikas Phonsa
<VPhonsa@mercuryinsurance.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>                <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
>                        <param name="driver"
> value="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"/>
>                        <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/Drools"/>
>                        <param name="schema" value="db2"/>
>
>                        <param name="user" value="test"/>
>                      <param name="password" value="testpw"/>
>                      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix"
> value="${wsp.name}_FS_"/>
>             </FileSystem>
>

>         <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceMa
> na
> ger">
>               <param name="driver" value="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"/>
>               <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/Drools"/>
>               <param name="schema" value="test"/>
>               <param name="user" value="vphonsa"/>
>                 <param name="password" value="testpw"/>
>               <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
>               <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
>           </PersistenceManager>
>

> --------------------Exception Stack
> Trace------------------------------
>
> ERROR 23-06 17:45:34,571 (RepositoryImpl.java:dispose:1890)      error
> while closing persistence manager of workspace MBR_WS
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: [jcc][t4][10251][10308][3.50.152]
> java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in
> progress on the connection.
> The transaction remains active, and the connection cannot be closed.
> ERRORCODE=-4471, SQLSTATE=null
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.wc.a(wc.java:55)
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.wc.a(wc.java:119)
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.t(eb.java:996)
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.w(eb.java:1019)
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.u(eb.java:1005)
>        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.close(eb.java:989)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.c
> lo
> seConnection(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:765)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.c
> lo
> se(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:253)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.dispose(Reposi
> ryImpl.java:1888)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.doShutdown(RepositoryImpl.ja
> va
> :1009)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.shutdown(RepositoryImpl.java
> :9
> 63)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.stopRepository(Transien
> tR
> epository.java:275)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.loggedOut(TransientRepo

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.notifyLoggedOut(SessionImpl.java:
> 559)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.logout(SessionImpl.java:1295)
>        at

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.logout(XASessionImpl.java:379)
>        at
> org.drools.brms.server.repository.BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.create(B
> RM
> SRepositoryConfiguration.java:66)
>        at
> org.drools.brms.server.repository.BRMSRepositoryConfiguration.create(B
> RM
> SRepositoryConfiguration.java:56)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j
> av
> a:64)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
> or
> Impl.java:43)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
>        at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invoke(Reflections.java:21)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInvocationContext.proceed(RootInvocationC
> on
> text.java:31)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationC
> on
> text.java:56)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.transaction.RollbackInterceptor.aroundInvoke(RollbackIn
> te
> rceptor.java:31)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationC
> on
> text.java:68)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.core.MethodContextInterceptor.aroundInvoke(MethodContex
> tI
> nterceptor.java:42)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationC
> on
> text.java:68)
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInterceptor.invoke(RootInterceptor.java:1
> 06
> )
>        at
> org.jboss.seam.intercept.JavaBeanInterceptor.interceptInvocation(JavaB
> ea
> nInterceptor.java:155)
>        at

org.jboss.seam.intercept.JavaBeanInterceptor.invoke(JavaBeanInterceptor.
> [...]
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(
> Ev
> entsManager.java:376)
>        at
> weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticated
> Su
> bject.java:321)
>        at
> weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:1
> 21
> )
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(Even
> ts
> Manager.java:82)
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebApp
> Se
> rvletContext.java:1609)
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletCont
> ex
> t.java:2764)
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java
> :8
> 89)
>        at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:333)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStat
> eD
> river.java:204)
>        at
> weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDr
> iv
> er.java:26)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleState
> Dr
> iver.java:60)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.start(ScopedModu
> le
> Driver.java:200)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.start(ModuleL
> is
> tenerInvoker.java:117)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStat
> eD
> river.java:204)
>        at
> weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDr
> iv
> er.java:26)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleState
> Dr
> iver.java:60)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlow.activate(StartModu

weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$2.next(BaseDeployment.java:
> [...]
> iv
> er.java:26)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activate(BaseDeployment.j
> av
> a:212)
>        at
> weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.activate(Deployme
> nt
> StateChecker.java:154)
>        at
> weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.activate(App
> Co
> ntainerInvoker.java:80)
>        at
> weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.activate(BasicDe
> pl
> oyment.java:181)
>        at
> weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.activateFromServ
> er
> Lifecycle(BasicDeployment.java:358)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdapter$1.doActivate(Dep
> lo
> ymentAdapter.java:52)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdapter.activate(Deploym
> en
> tAdapter.java:186)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.AppTransition$2.transitionApp(AppT
> ra
> nsition.java:30)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.transitionAp
> ps
> (ConfiguredDeployments.java:254)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.transitionAp
> ps
> (ConfiguredDeployments.java:239)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.activate(Con
> fi
> guredDeployments.java:169)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.deploy(Confi
> gu
> redDeployments.java:123)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServerService.resume(Dep
> lo
> ymentServerService.java:173)
>        at
> weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServerService.start(Depl
> oy
> mentServerService.java:89)
>        at
> weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
>        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
>
> This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is
strictly forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please
delete the e-mail and/or any files or attachments, and also notify the
system manager (PostMaster@mercuryinsurance.com) of the error. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this email and/or any files or
attachments transmitted with it.

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

[...]
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email and/or any files or attachments
transmitted with it.