jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: null pointer in client observation manager
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:11:12 GMT
Forgot to mention, I'm using rmi so the class that's throwing the null
pointer is:
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientObservationManager

-----Original Message-----
From: Conoly, Brett
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:09 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: null pointer in client observation manager

I've been fooling with this for two days and I still can't seem to find
a decent explanation.

I'm trying to set up some simple event listeners within a single class
and I have written an isListening function that uses

ObservationManager manager =
session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager();

EventListenerIterator events = manager.getRegisteredEventListeners();

For some reason that I don't understand, I'm getting a very random null
pointer within the getRegisteredEventListeners() function and I can't
figure out why.

Has anyone seen this problem or possibly have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Brett