jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jerome Banks" <jerome.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom PersistenceManagers - How can I get the path associated with a NodeId?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:02:50 GMT
Hey Folks,
  I'm trying to implement a custom PersistenceManager, and I'm running into
some difficulties.

I'd like to create a PersistenceManager where Nodes are stored on a
filesystem, in a Folder corresponding the path of the Node in the
Repository.  This way we could have nt:file file nodes which are accessible
by non-JCR clients, simply as files on a filesystem.

However, the methods provided to PersistenceManager only seem to pass in
NodeId or PropertyId, which don't seem to have a path, but simply a UUID.
It looks like various components in Jackrabbit are able to store items on
the filesystem, but they do so by chopping up the UUID, and creating their
own path.  Is there any reason we couldn't just use the Node's path to start
out with?  From the JCR API perspective, it is alway available when a Node
or Property is created. Why can't it be accessed by the PersistenceManager?

  Any hints on how to accomplish my goal?  I want to be able to store items
(basically binary properties ) on a filesystem, according to their path in
the repository.

thx ...