jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: linear versioning
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:43:30 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Florian Holeczek <florian@holeczek.de> wrote:
> My concern is how to ensure a linear version history in JCR 1.0 in a
> scenario of several application instances accessing the workspace. Has
> anybody tried this before or at least been thinking about it?

You'll always have a linear version history if the only version
history operations you use are checkin() and checkout(). To create
branches you need things like restore() or clone().

There's no way in Jackrabbit itself to enforce that branches are *not*
created in a version history, but your application can of course
decide how it wants to use the versioning feature.

BR,

Jukka Zitting