jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newb performance question
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:18:59 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Wade Girard <wade.girard@comcast.net> wrote:
> Then I hop on another computer and start cadaver in a terminal, I open a
> connection to http://host:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/ repository/default,
> log in using a username and password, then create a "column" using cadaver,
> mkcol views, then I cd into that "column" and "put" a bunch of xml files,

Another guess at what's going on: The WebDAV support in Jackrabbit is
configured by default to explode all XML documents into a subtree of
nodes. This takes time especially when dealing with large XML files
(it's roughly O(n) on the number of XML elements).

> If all I need to do to get consistent behavior is to tell jackrabbit to
> treat all files as binary, then it would be nice to have that as an option
> in the repository.xml file. Is this possible?

This is actually an option of the WebDAV mapping on top of the JCR
level. You can configure it in the /WEB-INF/config.xml file within the
Jackrabbit webapp. Just remove the XmlHandler (and ZipHandler if you
like) entries to disable the special processing.

BR,

Jukka Zitting