jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and OAI-PMH
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 06:58:08 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:49 PM,  <jos4711@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to know does Jackrabbit support the OAI-PMH (Open Archives
> Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) ?

No. As a generic JCR content repository Jackrabbit supports all sorts
of content and metadata structures, but there is no specific support
(predefined node types, etc.) for OAI-PMH or other similar
initiatives.

> If not is there a workaround to support it?

It should be fairly straightforward to defined node types for the
content model specified by OAI-PMH and write a servlet that exposes
such content as specified. Alternatively, if you already have a
repository with metadata in some other format, the servlet could
transform the information to OAI-PMH on the fly.

BR,

Jukka Zitting