jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From maneo <ma...@man.poznan.pl>
Subject Corrupted nodes after disk space exceeded
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:15:34 GMT
Hi,

I have problem with consistency of my repository, recently we've
experienced problem with hard disk space on server which hosts our
service. After those problems (service operated with 0 bytes of free
space for some time) our repository throws exceptions like this below:

Exception while sorting nodes in document order:
javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: failed to build path of
6ead8aaf-377a-450e-9e82-f43deda5e911:
ebccc515-7b7a-4334-b660-68a627c22f85 has no child entry for
6ead8aaf-377a-450e-9e82-f43deda5e911

To fix this I exported (using Session.exportXML) all nodes (created by
my app) from corrupted repository and placed those nodes in brand new
repository (using Session.importXML). As of corrupted nodes everything
seems to be fine now. But this new repository is 3 times smaller than
original one! I've checked, it's not a matter of Lucene indices,
difference lies in size of database. Do you have any idea what is the
reason of such a difference?

Maybe there is a better way to remove corrupted nodes, I cannot remove
them using standard API (node.remove() - I can fetch them using to UUID)
but my knowledge is rather limited in jcr area.

I'm using jackrabbit-1.3.1.

Thanks in advance,
Adam