jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sven Schliesing <schlies...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Handling many versions, disposing/swapping out old ones
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:26:44 GMT
Hi Alex, hi list,

> Wow, what use case do you have? 30000 sounds like the versions are
> created by an automated system. Is it equally possible that one of
> those thousands of old revisions are restored? Or displayed in a
> whatever kind of version history?

The versions are indeed created by humans. :) While the users publish
new content the system creates one version each time. This is needed for
legal issues. One use case is to get a version from a certain date.

The customer creating this vast amount of versions is a editorial
working 24/7. The system is running nearly 1,5 years now. So 50 versions
a day is quite normal.

As already mentioned we can't/are not allowed to remove old versions. So
there would be only the option of swapping out old versions.
Maybe we could create an additional workspace we use for archiving these
versions?

Many thanks in advance!

Sven