jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Managing access policies across workspaces
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:22:54 GMT
hi andreas

> BTW - Tobias, you were referring to "hierarchical user-based ACLs". Are
> these the access control entries mentioned in JSR-283 section 6.11.3?

no. an ACL is an example of an access control policy.

> I didn't find anything about inheritance to child nodes there, but maybe
> the public review version is out of date in comparison to the Jackrabbit
> implementation.

the current jackrabbit impl is not based on the public review version
of the spec but on a more recent version.

however: inheritance to child nodes will most probably not be defined
by the specification. the acl tobi was referring to is an specific
implementation of the 283 access control policy... and as i said
before... still work in progress

angela