jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Managing access policies across workspaces
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:16:46 GMT
hi andreas

> BTW, is the scope of an access control entry the item it is assigned to,
> or the whole subtree?

this is not specified. the spec states, that a policy or an ace
may affect other nodes that the one the policy/ace is assigned to.

> [...] Unfortunately,
> addAccessControlEntry() throws a PathNotFoundException if the node
> doesn't exist …

correct. that's the expected behaviour.

> Tobias Bocanegra told me on dev@sling that (IIUC) the access control
> entries are not copied to the staging workspace if the staging node is
> updated, which makes perfect sense. I hope it will conform to the
> upcoming JSR-283 - I didn't find anything in the spec about this.

because this is not specified. the specification does not require
the access control information to be stored in the jcr content.

please be also aware that the ac section in jsr 283 was refactored
and the code present with jackrabbit-core will be completely
reworked.

angela