jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sven Schliesing <schlies...@subshell.com>
Subject Handling many versions, disposing/swapping out old ones
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:00:27 GMT
Hello group,

while our repository grows, we are experiencing a fast growing version
storage, too.

Some Nodes have a rather large history (30000 and more). This is slowing
down the system when creating new version.

We are using Jackrabbit 1.3 and already applied some patches to improve
the version-store performance: JCR-975, JCR-1209 and JCR-1421.

Now I'd like to know about your experiences with a large version store.
Is performance much better with jackrabbit 1.4 or even 1.5? Is there a
tested approach to dispose old versions or even better to swap out those
old versions to another store? Just for the case where you'd want to
restore a version that is rather old.

Many thanks in advance for your efforts!

Sven