jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "H. Wilson" <wils...@randdss.com>
Subject Deleting repository
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:49:50 GMT
First time posting a question to this list... Bear with me, I will try
to give as much information as possible.

I am currently working on a test program to familiarize myself with
Jackrabbit before incorporating it into our project. I am using MySQL as
the backend and I am running JackRabbit embedded. The purpose of my
little test program is to initialize a new TransientRepository, and
populate it with some nodes from a Beanshell file. In the test program,
before I source the Beanshell file to populate the repository, I make
sure that the only node in the repository is the jcr:system one. No need
to do this step if it is already populated. Then I output all the nodes
and their properties recursively. This part works great - no problems.
Now I wanted to wipe out this repository and rerun my program just to
make sure that it indeed was going to do what I expected. But it
isn't... I deleted the repository home directory, but when I rerun my
program and get to the check for nodes other than the jcr:system one, it
still sees the nodes as they were populated the first time I populated
it! ( I tweaked the populating script to add different values, which is
how I know it is definitely using the old values.)  Yes I am logging out
of the session and even calling shutdown. I have tried the following in
an attempt to get it to ignore those previous values:

    * Deleted the repository home directory.
    * "  and drop the mysql database it was accessing and re-creating it.
    * "  and drop the mysql database, and creating one with a new name,
      and changing the URL access string to match the new database.
    * Used the GarbageCollection methods at the end - scan, stopScan,
      deleteUnused..
    * Rebooted in the thought that something was hanging on in my memory.

For every single combination of attempts, when I rerun my program and
get to that check for more than the jcr:system node, I get the same
results - the old nodes are somehow still there. As if it truly isn't
being deleted. I am getting no exceptions or errors. I have scoured the
mailing lists, wiki, JR website and googled and can't seem to find any
pertinent information. Should this be happening? Have I missed
something? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

HW