jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sandro Böhme <sandro.boe...@gmx.de>
Subject special characters - Migrating to BundlePersistanceManager - Export/Import
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:57:08 GMT
Hello,

currently we are trying to export the content from one repository to
another (in this case for migrating to the BundlePersistanceManager).
The problem is, that our repository contains special characters like
#x0d, #x0a, #x04. As of JCR-674 [1] the export seems to work but the
import does not decode the base64 encoded values [2]. Our initial
thought was, to just remove some of these chars. But it doesn't seem to
be possible to create a search query to find these chars. It would just
be good for us to know if this is correct, or if we missed something. We
are depending on preserving the uuids across the repositories so the
only way seems to be JCR export/import.
At the moment we are in a situation where we cannot migrate to the other
PM and cannot use the JCR export/import in general with Jackrabbit. Does
somebody know an other way of fixing such content in the repository or
exporting/importing it? Any hint is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Sandro

[1] - String properties with invalid XML characters export as invalid
XML https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-674

[2] - JCR-1228 Support xs:base64Binary values in system view import