jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Problem with SPI Pathfactory and absolute path
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:04:45 GMT
hi pierre

> I was searching for an equivalent in the domain of nodeid : for example a
> resolver which can find and return a nodeid for a given path, but it appear
> not to exist.

no that doesn't exist.

> This could be very helpfull when we need for example to get the parent Id of
> a nodeId whose path is known.

the conversion from jcr-name to a qualified name and back (and
accordingly for jcr-path) is well defined because the JCR API
exposes the namespace mappings present with a session object.

this is not the case for the item ids. there is no standardized
way to determine the path from the id (and vice versa) except
for the special implementation, where the nodeId never contains
the unique part. i would therefore leave that to the implementation.

> Do you have any idea and do I miss something once more ?

i don't think so.

kind regards
angela