jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wade Girard <wade.gir...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Can anyone explain
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:02:38 GMT
I think I see what I might be running into. If you take the jackrabbit-
webapp-1.4 that is currently distributed, set it up, create a default
repository, then go to the url

http://hostname:port/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository

(note that the repository name was purposely left off)
You will get an HTTP ERROR 500, and no stack trace in the log, I tried
this with tomcat so I know that it is not just a jetty thing.

I have the feeling that when I tell the server to map /MyRepository to
the webapp, the webapp must not be getting the name of the repository
from the URL. I do not know why, maybe it has something to do with how
context mapping is handled.

Is it possible to define to jackrabbit a "one and only default
repository" so that it just serves up one rep and does not require a
name??

On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> If there is no underlying error related to the 500 shown anywhere,
> maybe you try the same setup in a Tomcat and see what it says.
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Wade Girard
> <wade.girard@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me why when I create a context mapping for
>> jackrabbit in
>> jetty that looks like:
>>
>>  <New id="JackRabbitContext"
>> class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
>>                       <Arg><Ref id="contexts"/></Arg>
>>    <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
>> default="."/>/webapps/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war</Arg>
>>    <Arg>/MyRepository</Arg>
>>  </New>
>>
>> I get an HTTP ERROR 500 with no stack trace or error from jetty or
>> jackrabbit in the log if I try to access http://hostname:port/
>> MyRepository
>>
>> But if I change the context definition to map to "/" like this:
>>
>>  <New id="JackRabbitContext"
>> class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
>>                       <Arg><Ref id="contexts"/></Arg>
>>    <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
>> default="."/>/webapps/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war</Arg>
>>    <Arg>/</Arg>
>>  </New>
>>
>> I can access the repository just fine without any problems using
>> the same
>> URL as describe above?
>>

> --
> Alexander Klimetschek