jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Gandhirajan Natarajan" <Gandhirajan.Natara...@igate.com>
Subject RE: Connection pooling in jackrabbit
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 05:49:08 GMT
Hi,

Actually you can come up with your own persistence manager extending
simple persistence manager(for example) and you can implement database
connection pooling if you want. We have tried it for MSSQL2005 and it
worked.

Thanks & Regards,
Gandhi Rajan.N
________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Pulla Venkat [mailto:pcsri1956@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:57 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Connection pooling in jackrabbit

Hi,

I was asking about database connection pooling?

I would like to know if jackrabbit uses single database connection
always or
supports mutiple database connections.

I setup in repository.xml with db for FileSystem & PersistenceManager as
shown below.

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem">

<param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE"/>

<param name="user" value="hr"/>

<param name="password" value="all"/>

<param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="AL_"/>

</FileSystem>
Is there a switch for mutiple connections.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2000/jw-1027-pool.html

Thanks,
Maruti

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@day.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Pulla Venkat <pcsri1956@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Does jackrabbit have connection pooling feature ?
>
> You mean Session pooling? There is some rough conceptual discussion
> here: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrSessionHandling Otherwise
> you have to implement that in your client-code or look at using stuff
> that is available for the spring jcr modules:
> http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-31359.html (just
> a quick look on Google). But since session pooling does not gain much
> in most cases, Jackrabbit does not offer any session pooling helper
> class.
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>

> --
> Alexander Klimetschek
> alexander.klimetschek@day.com

iGATE is Ranked No. 3 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.6
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best
Companies to work for in India
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended
for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the
sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments