jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Stuart" <nstu...@speranzasystems.com>
Subject Glassfish JNDI Startup Issues
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:08:09 GMT
I am trying to use a JNDI instance of JackRabbit through Glassfish and
Spring and am having some issues. I can startup one webapp just fine, and it
seems to find the repository with no issues or complaints. When I try to
start a second app though I get stuck in an infinite lookup look with spring
and just spew tons of errors that doesn't seem to stop until I kill
glassfish. The problem seems to be in BindableRepositoryFactory where it's
not finding the already created reference from the Map and tries to create
another repository instance, which fails. A small part of the stack trace is
below.  I don't think, however, the stacktrace is the real problem as it
just complains about file locks being in place and all that, which is fine,
but it shouldn't be trying to create a new instance, which it is.

Any help on this? As anyone seen this before? I used the example from the
wiki to setup the JNDI instance, and am using a simple spring file to
reference it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  xmlns:jee="http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee"
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
  http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee
http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee/spring-jee-2.5.xsd">
  <jee:jndi-lookup id="jcrRepository" jndi-name="jcr/FileRepository"/>
</beans>

Like I said, first look up of the JNDI object works, subsequent lookups
however don't.

Thanks for the help!

-Nick

(and testing with the 1.5 snapshot since that is the only way I could get
custom CND files to load)

Heres some stacktraces showing BindableResourceFactory trying to create a
new instance...

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:521)
 at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>(SearchManager.java:242)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1713)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:639)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:452)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:311)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:590)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.createRepository(BindableRepository.java:174)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.init(BindableRepository.java:138)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.create(BindableRepository.java:125)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.createInstance(BindableRepositoryFactory.java:59)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.getObjectInstance(BindableRepositoryFactory.java:81)
 at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
 at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:403)
 at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
 at
org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate$1.doInContext(JndiTemplate.java:132)
 at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.execute(JndiTemplate.java:88)
 at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:130)
 at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:155)