jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Yoni Mazar <y.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR as EJB3.0 persistency
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:45:10 GMT

Hi all,

First, to apologize, Im new to Java technologies.

We are currently designing an application that manages 'knowledge
artifacts'. These artifacts are typically structured. We intend to develop a
business-object (BO) for each document type. The BO will be responsible to
apply the business-logic.
I looked at JSR 170, and I think it can be an excellent repository for our
content (versions, search, access control, import/export, locking,
namespaces, copy, move, transactions, observer, referncial integrity, etc.).

Our artifacts will be edited by end users using an Eclipse-like IDE (on
their local machines). Then, when checked-in, they will be stored in the
repository.

The questions:
*what is the best design for that system?
*How should we implement the business-objects? Does they need to bee
serializable? Or do I actually transfer the business-object?
*Is there an automatic way to map a BO to a document (similarly to ORM)?
*As I understand, the specification does no support check-in/out from a
remote computer. Do we need a source-control component for that task?

Many thanks for the help, David