jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Roman Puchkovskiy <roman.puchkovs...@blandware.com>
Subject Query column specifier
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:01:18 GMT

Hi.

JCR spec says there's a way to specify what columns user wants to see in the
result of the search using query. But it says that "In XPath the mechanism
of the column specifier is not specified, though one possible approach is to
interpret as the column specifier the last location step when it uses the
attribute axis". So the first question is: if I use the following query:
"/some/absolute/path/to/node/@jcr:uuid", will this select node's UUID?

And another question: spec also says that "The column specifier has no
effect on the content or form of the NodeIterator view of the query result."
Does this mean that using selects to narrow search results to a small set a
properties will not save CPU cycles? (I'm thinking about a case where a node
is complex and I don't need to load it all, just its UUID).

Thanks in advance.