jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From viz06 <vijaykumarsharma_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding child to node obatined from iterator doesn't work
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:03:31 GMT

Thanks for looking at this.

Here is the snippet of code which I am attempting (removed some details
which are not relevant)

String nodeSearchPath = "//nms:root/*/nms:node1";
QueryManager queryManager = this.jcrTemplate.getSessionFactory()
Query jcrQuery = queryManager.createQuery(nodeSearchPath, Query.XPATH);
NodeIterator nodeIterator =  jcrQuery.execute().getNodes();

Node parentNode = null;
if (nodeIterator.hasNext())
    parentNode = nodeIterator.nextNode();

    //cannot add child to this node, uncomment following to make this work
    //parentNode = this.jcrTemplate.getNodeByUUID(parentNode.getUUID());
    Node rootNode = this.jcrTemplate.getRootNode();
    parentNode = rootNode.addNode("nms:root");
    parentNode.setProperty("name", "root");

Node folderNode = parentNode.addNode("child1");
folderNode.setProperty("name", "child1");

I have wrongly mentioned that these are 2 separate txn, in fact they are
part of same txn. If I uncomment code mentioned in 'if' block then I am able
to add the child node.