jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Roman Puchkovskiy <roman.puchkovs...@blandware.com>
Subject Re: PersistenceManager and FileSystem config for cluster
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:16:17 GMT

Thanks a for quick reply.

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Roman Puchkovskiy
> <roman.puchkovskiy@blandware.com> wrote:
>> Is it correct that all corresponding Persistence Manager's configs should
>> be
>> the same? I.e. both versioning Persistence Managers should store their
>> data
>> in the same database tables (e.g. with prefix versions_), and so on?
>
> Yes, you need a database that handles this concurrent access properly
> (which should be the case with most of them - not sure about the
> correct isolation levels needed).
>
>> Is same correct for File Systems? Should, for example,
>> Repository/FileSystem
>> on A have same config as Repository/FileSystem on B?
>
> Jackrabbit does not have a file system based persistence manager that
> allows clustering (yet).

I'm sorry for ambiguous question. When asking about FileSystems, I meant
FileSystem elements in the repository.xml (i.e. objects which implement
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystem interface), not file system as a
generic OS understands it.

Cluster must have a shared Journal, it's clear. But i'm not sure did I
understand the cluster configuration guide correctly or not, because
requirement to store PMs data of different cluster nodes together looks a
little strange.