jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sushil Vegad <vsus...@serebrum.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.4.1 PathNotFoundException
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 18:17:32 GMT

Hello,
Our web application uses custom nodes as follows: [nt:myFolder] > nt:folder
and [nt:myFile] > nt:file

We have a top level folder (called spaceFolder) which is a nt:myFolder under
root; under spaceFolder we add other nodes as follows:
spaceFolder.addNode("topicName",nt:myFolder);
session.save();
session.logout();

We retrieve the topic folder as:
Node root = session.getRootNode();
Node spaceFolder = root.getNode(spaceName);
Node topic = spaceFolder.getNode(topicName);

If I shutdown the server and start it the next day:
1. spaceFolder.getNode(topicName) throws PathNotFoundException. spaceFolder
is found always, the topicFolder is not found
2. Also, spaceFolder.addNode(topicName) throws ItemExistsException

If I restart the server immediately no exception is thrown. Also, if the
server is not restarted, no exception is thrown.

On server startup, we create the repository and bind it:
InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext(props);
RepositoryConfig repoConfig = RepositoryConfig.create(repositoryConfig,
repoHome);
Repository repository = RepositoryImpl.create(repoConfig);
jndiContext.bind(repositoryName, repository);

Can anyone please point out what could be going wrong?

Thanks a lot for any help that you could offer.
Sushil