jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From wade.gir...@comcast.net
Subject URL Mapping issue
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:09:34 GMT
The last hurdle in my slide to jackrabbit adventure is in the mapping of the URL in jetty.
As I said before, the goal was to simply replace slide with jetty and to not have to change
code.

In the jetty config the context for slide was set up as follows:
    <New id="SlideContext" class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
			<Arg><Ref id="contexts"/></Arg>
      <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webapps/slide/</Arg>
      <Arg>/MyRepository</Arg>
    </New>

So any requests to http://hostname:port/MyRepository went to slide and I assume that slide
just had one repository that contained all the files that are being requested via WEBDAV.

For jackrabbit I have created a repository named MyRepository, changed the web.xml in the
jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war to not require the /repository (as you have helped me to understand)
and set up a context for jackrabbit as follows:
    <New id="JackRabbitContext" class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
			<Arg><Ref id="contexts"/></Arg>
      <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webapps/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war</Arg>
      <Arg>/</Arg>
    </New>

And this works great for accessing the content from MyRepository using the same URL http://hostname:port/MyRepository,
so no code needs to be changed. The obvious problem with this is that to get it to work I
needed to comment out the home page context:
<!--
   <New id="HomeContext" class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
      <Arg><Ref id="contexts"/></Arg>
      <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webapps/mqs/</Arg>
      <Arg>/</Arg>
    </New>
-->
so that all requests would go to jackrabbit. But I need the home context too. If I set the
context for jackrabbit to map to /MyRepository, then requests to http://hostname:port/MyRepository
generate HTTP ERROR:500's.

I realize that this is probably more of a jetty config puzzle, but any help that you can give
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks