jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Controlling the cache size to reduce BLOB property eviction
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:37:26 GMT
Hi all,

To summarise my question - is there a way to increase the number of
InternalValue (and I guess nodes) that are cached by JackRabbit?

I see a hard reference to an upper limit of 10,000 in
CachingHierarchyManager.

The issue is...

..        We're using BLOBs in the database (to avoid the need for a shared
FS).

..        We've recently greatly increased the number and size of the assets
being stored in JackRabbit.

..        We're seeing a lot of BLOB reads happening from the database.

..        We're seeing the number of "bin*" temp files being reduced on a
regular basis - implying some BLOBs previously read are being evicted and
deleted by the garbage collector.

...and I suspect that the cache is now not large enough to avoid re-reading
popular BLOBs on a regular basis based on the TransientFileFactory comments
which talk about the bin* temporary files being evicted once the file handle
is no longer used - e.g. when the node is evicted from the cache.

All help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Shaun