jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Lookup to datasource to get DB url
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:23:03 GMT

Thanks,
Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 3:10 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lookup to datasource to get DB url

Hi Antonio!

You can specify a JNDI data source in the url parameter, but that is
only available for DB persistence managers. See

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persiste
nce/bundle/BundleDbPersistenceManager.html#setUrl(java.lang.String)

The usage of a DbFileSystem is not required if you use a DB persistence
manager. It only stores the workspace.xml config file and the lucene
indexes, which need random access anyway, which you typically don't have
with data stored in a database. The "real" data is stored via the
persistence manager. Hence the recommended configuration is the
combination of a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem
(storing files in a normal file system) and a bundle db persistence
manager.

Regards,
Alex

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM, MARTINEZ Antonio
<Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using JackRabbit with MySql. Currently I configure the db
> connection in repository.xml as
>
>     <FileSystem
>           class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
>           <param name="driver" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
>           <param name="url"

value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/emlplatform?useUnicode=true&amp;chara

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com