jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:24:31 GMT
Hello,

Any idea why it would be slower using the tree structure?

Thank you,
Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: MARTINEZ Antonio [mailto:Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 7:33 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for doing that testing.

I have done now two different tests with a scaled down tree (140 Nodes
with about 15 string of 15 bytes each) My server is a SunBlade 1500 with
2G.

- If I build the tree and then save it, it takes about 40 seconds to
save and exit the transaction.

- However, if I just create one node and then add all other nodes as
children of this one (flat storage), then it takes 3 seconds to save and
exit the transaction.

In the tree configuration, most of the nodes are at the deepest level
(there are 10 levels in my case)

I do not understand what is going on

Thanks,
Antonio